About a week ago I saw a colorful fruit in my tree. The funny thing was, there was only one. I didn't really know what it was, so I took a closer look at it. I then looked searched images on the Internet, and found some images that matched the fruit. I couldn't believe my eyes! We had a pomegranate tree!
Here is the picture of the gorgeous pomegranate! :)
I ran and told my mom, and she couldn't believe it either. We never knew we had a pomegranate tree. It looked about ready, so I picked it off and took it in the kitchen. We put on aprons because if you get pomegranate juice on your clothes, it is like a Sharpie, it's permanent. After we put on our aprons, we headed straight for the knife! My mom cut it open, and then, wow! It was beautiful! I tried a seed, and it was very sweet! We put it on a plate and everyone dug in!
This is what it looks like inside of the juicy pomegranate.
Do you have a fruit tree?
What is your favorite kind of fruit?
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteWonderful second post! I am a big pomegranate fan, and I wish we had a tree in our backyard! Mr. Yollis and I might get one next time we are at the nursery.
At our old house, we had one and it was quite a producer! Every year, it would bear more than a dozen pomegranates. Sadly, we had several squirrels in our backyard, and they enjoyed the pomegranates. :-(
Pomegranate seeds are quite beautiful, and tasty too. I love the photo that you took of the sliced fruit. Very pretty.
What can you do to help your tree produce more fruit next year?
Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteThat pomegranate is awesome! My favorite fruit is strawberries because they are very sweet and juicy. I really love when my mom puts sugar on them! I have alot of fruit trees at my house. They are: apple, pear, cherry, plum, nectarenes, lime, lemon, and avocado. I also am starting to grow grape vines on my swingset. Did you know avocados are a fruit? Your blog is great!
Your friend,
Maya
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love pomegranates but I hate peeling them. The juice from the pomegranates sometimes gets onto my clothes and it is very hard to wash off. Have you noticed that your fingers turn dark from the pomegranate juice?
We have a very small pomegranate tree at our house too, but there has not been any fruit yet.
Do you have any other fruit trees as home?
From,
Victoria (Sarah's mom)
@ Mrs. Yollis,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the compliment! I am too a pomegranate fan. They are beautiful in the inside and beautiful on the outside.
I think that I can help produce more trees by planting flowers, trees, and vegetables. We moved into a differint house about a year ago, and I am hoping that over the summer, my family and I can plant fruits. Although the pomegranate was kind of unexpected. :-)
In my old house, we had the most beautiful orange tree that I just loved, but same like you, we had birds and squirrels that liked them too. So whenever they were ready they would take them. :-( :-( ( Sometimes we snuck a couple of them )
What kind of fruit tree do you want?
Sincerely,
♥M♥a♥
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful coversation going with Mrs. Yollis. It is so awsome that you have a real pomegranate tree ine your own backyard! I really enjoy eating fruit because of the flavor (in my opinion fruit is sweet and sour).
Your Friend,
Maya
@ Mia,
ReplyDeleteThanks for a lovely comment back! We are going to purchase a pomegranate tree! I hope it will produce lots and lots of fruit!
Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to see that you have a blog! I loved reading your posts.
I love pomegranates- what a surprise for you and your family. At my house we have a lemon tree. Honestly, I am an awful gardener but each year I get a bountiful crop. I would love to get a fig tree. The fruit is delicious, but also the leaves are beautiful.
Keep blogging!
Your first grade teacher <3
Mrs. Levy
Dear Mia
ReplyDeleteI've never tried a pomegranate but I'll have to look out for one in the fruit shop now.
My favourite fruit is kiwifruit, followed closely by summer berries such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
I love the patterns on the inside of the pomegranate. Many fruits are quite beautiful when cut across the middle to show the flesh and the seeds eg kiwifruit or tamarillos have lovely colours and seed patterns.
We don't have squirrels as pests in our gardens, we have possums!
I'm wondering what your favourite fruit is?
warm wishes
Mrs McKenzie
@ Mrs. Yollis,
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting back to me! ( again )
Lucky! Pomegranate trees are very beautiful because I've seen one before, and the beautiful thing about them is they all blossom at the same time and there are a lot of them on one tree. You always know when a pomegranate is ready if they have a little bit of yellow and red.
I really hope someday my family and I can produce a lemon tree. My grandma and I pick lemons in her town house and make sweet, sweet lemonade! ( The trick to make them sweet is to put a lot of sugar!)
Sincerely,
M♥a
@ Maya,
ReplyDeleteWow! You have a lot of fruit trees! One of my favorite fruits are grapes. I also like strawberries. My mom either makes them with sugar, whipped cream, or chocolate covered strawberries. Yes I did know that an avocado was a fruit. When I was little, I always thought that it was a vegetable. Did you know that every vegetable that has a seed is a fruit? : Tomatoes, cucumber, corn, and of course, avocado. My mom used to always feed it to me when I was little. It was my favorite food.
In the summer, I am hoping we can plant a lemon tree. I want a lemon tree because in my grandma's house, we pick lemons in her lemon tree and make sweet lemonade. ( The trick to get it sweet is to put a lot of sugar. )
Your Friend,
M♥a
@ Victoria,
ReplyDeleteThank you for leaving me a comment! No I do not have any other fruit trees. In the summer I am hoping I can plant fruit trees though. Sometimes you plant fruit trees and it takes a while for them to produce fruit. I think that's what happened to you sadly.
I actually did notice that my fingers did turn a little pink. After I ate the pomegranate, my mom wouldn't let me touch anything because if I touched something, I would of marked our walls.
What is your favorite fruit?
Sincerely,
M♥a
@ Mrs. Makenzie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for leaving me a comment! Really, you've never had a pomegranate? Well, if you try one I think you will love them because they are very delicious! The first time I saw a pomegranate, I said eww because it doesn't look to good on the outside, but it really is delicious in the inside.
Well, my favorite fruit would half to be mango. But when it comes to dipping them in chocolate, it would half to be bananas, or strawberries. Once, when we had a party, my dad brought out a gigantic chocolate fountain! My mom cut the bananas and everybody dug in! It was scrumptious!
What is your favorite fruit?
Sincerely,
M♥a
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI love your post and I love pomegranates. I wished we had a tree too!
We only have a little lemon tree in our back yard, but I don't think there were any lemons this year.
I love all fruit, especially pomegranate and apricots.
Love,
Kelly
Hi Mia,
ReplyDeleteI'm a teacher from Western Heights Primary School in Auckland, New Zealand! I teach a year 3/4 class (7-8 year olds).
What a pleasure it was to read your blog about the pomegranite. You'd be surprised to know that I've never even tried one! Well, your great description that you just provided has inspired me...I'm going to take up the challenge and try one!
Kindest regards,
Melissa Daly
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI love how great your blog looks! I'm sure it is the result of a ton of hard work.
You are lucky to have fruit trees in your yard. Royce would love to have a fruit tree but we were warned that since we live near a canyon, the trees could attract rats. We'll stick to buying our fruit at the store :)
Sincerely,
Tara (Royce's mom)
@ Tara,
ReplyDeleteThank you for leaving me a comment! I actually don't have any fruit trees in my yard, but I am hoping in the summer we can plant fruits and flowers.
At my grandma's house, we pick lemons and make sweet lemonade! It is really good!:) That is why I want a lemon tree. Sometimes squirrels eat the lemons. They only leave the skins. It is funny because they peel off the skins with their teeth and just eat the fruit.
Sincerely,
M♥a