Today I am doing a post about my wonderful trip to Miami, Florida!
My mom and I went to Miami for two weeks! It was an amazing trip, and we took lots of pictures. My grandparents own a condo in Sunny Isles Beach, but our whole family shares it, and it is really fun when we go! The beach is extremely flat! I think that's what attracts people to go to Miami.
When we got on the plane from L.A., to Miami, the captain let me sit in the captains seat! I was really overwhelmed by all of the buttons! I have no idea how he remembers what each button does.
The beach is flat like a rock! Everybody would go in really far, and it was up to their knees! The reason why the ocean was like that is because there was a sandbar. A sandbar is a location in the ocean where the sand gathers up and layers so it is very shallow.
When we were there my mom got to see her friend from when she was eight years old! While they were talking about memories, I got to babysit her daughter, Reaghan.
One of my friends from Miami came the same time we did, so we spent a lot of time with them. Brianna, Nick, Zina, and my mom and I all went for dinner at Rustic Inn. Rustin Inn is a famous crab restaurant that has amazing garlic crabs.
After Rustic Inn, we went to Hard Rock which is a hotel/walking area with boutiques everywhere to shop. This is a picture of Brianna and I wearing cupcake headbands.
This is a picture of my mom and I on a bridge over the lake. There were a lot of colorful fish in the water.
One day, we went on a boat ride in a lake with crocodiles and snakes! I was kind of scared at first because those were my fears, and I would be really close to them! After the boat ride, I concurred my fears and now I am not scared!
This is a picture of a crocodile coming up super close to our boat. Trust me, this is not a close up! I was scared at first to go that close to a crocodile, and then after we saw a lot, I got used to it.
Now It's time to go to Orlando!
Have you ever been to Miami, Florida?
Have you ever seen a crocodile up close?
Have you ever had crab?
When we were there my mom got to see her friend from when she was eight years old! While they were talking about memories, I got to babysit her daughter, Reaghan.
One of my friends from Miami came the same time we did, so we spent a lot of time with them. Brianna, Nick, Zina, and my mom and I all went for dinner at Rustic Inn. Rustin Inn is a famous crab restaurant that has amazing garlic crabs.
After Rustic Inn, we went to Hard Rock which is a hotel/walking area with boutiques everywhere to shop. This is a picture of Brianna and I wearing cupcake headbands.
This is a picture of my mom and I on a bridge over the lake. There were a lot of colorful fish in the water.
One day, we went on a boat ride in a lake with crocodiles and snakes! I was kind of scared at first because those were my fears, and I would be really close to them! After the boat ride, I concurred my fears and now I am not scared!
This is a picture of a crocodile coming up super close to our boat. Trust me, this is not a close up! I was scared at first to go that close to a crocodile, and then after we saw a lot, I got used to it.
Now It's time to go to Orlando!
Have you ever been to Miami, Florida?
Have you ever seen a crocodile up close?
Have you ever had crab?






Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI was thrilled to see that you have a new post on your blog! Keeping this blog will help you strengthen your writing skills and document the interesting events of your life. It is also wonderful to get feedback and comments from readers. Well done,
Mia!
Your trip to Miami, Florida, looks like quite a lot of fun! I love traditional trips.
No, I have never been to Florida. Mr. Yollis went there a few years ago. He went to Everglades National Park and south to the Florida Keys. His photos of the area were stunning! He saw lots of birds that live or migrate to/from the Everglades, and he even saw a crocodile!
How is a crocodile different than an alligator? They seem so similar.
Looking forward to seeing you this week!
Your proud former teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
@ Mrs Yollis,
DeleteThank you for writing a comment on my blog! I too love traditional trips, and one day, I hope to visit Russia because I am from Russia.
When I saw your snorkeling video on your blog from Hawaii, I knew you would love Florida because they are really similar. Hawaii is a beautiful state and Florida is too, and both of their beaches attracts many people to come and visit.
The picture of Brianna and I were in was a picture of us in an air boat in the Everglades! It was quite scary at first though, but later on I eventually enjoyed the ride! On the boat, we saw a Mama bird, and Daddy bird, and their babies! It was so cute! The babies were fluffy and were hopping on the lily pads.
I agree that crocodiles and alligators are very similar, but there are some differences. One of the differences is that the crocodile has a very long, narrow, and a V shape snout, while the alligator's have a wide and a U shaped snout.
I hope that we will be able to see each other at school!
Your former student,
M♥a
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteYour trip looks amazing. I loved the photo of the crocodile. I would have been terrified seeing it swimming toward the boat. Are there alligators in Florida too?
I also really liked your photo of the beach. Florida seems like the perfect vacation destination. I like beaches that have no waves and warm water. It is too bad we don't have that in Los Angeles. Are there any visible fish in the water?
Another great post! I look forward to reading more from you.
Best,
Victoria
@ Victoria,
ReplyDeleteThank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I was really scared at first to see the crocodile up close, but then when the tourgide said it won't hurt you if it comes close, I calmed down. Crocodiles only attack when they are annoyed.
I also like beaches with no waves and warm water that is clear not murky, and it is sad that we don't have a beach as nice as Florida's. There are sometimes a school of fish swimming by your feet when you are about three feet deep, but the fish are about an inch long and they don't do any harm.
Have you ever been to Florida?
Sincerely,
Mia
I loved reading your blog! We live in Iowa, so we aren't close to any oceans. We have a few lakes, but nothing like what you were seeing! I'm glad you enjoyed your time! Keep writing!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Huebner
Iowa
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about your trip to Florida. Sebastian and I spend a week in Miami most summers. We absolutely love the warm water, tropical climate, and joyous people. One of the reasons I love Miami so much is because we have family there we spend time with. I can tell you enjoy spending quality time with your family and friends as well. Thank you for sharing your words and pictures!
Ms. Silvestre
@ Ms. Silvestre,
DeleteWhat part of Miami did you spend time in with Sebastian? My favorite part of Miami would be the wonderful weather. I have numerous cousins that live there that we visit. I would love to see a picture of your trip on Edmodo!
Your Student,
Mia
Dear Mia
ReplyDeleteDear Mia
It sounds like you had a lot of fun in Florida. I have been to Florida but not to Miami. My favorite city in Florida is Orlando because of Disney World, of course!!!! Disney World has an awesome safari. That is the closest I have ever gotten to a wild animal. My grandparents live there so we try to go once or twice every two years. The beaches are beautiful and the water is so warm.
Love
Bella
@ Bella,
DeleteWhat part of Florida did you go to? Last time I went to Florida, I visited Orlando to go to Disney World, and it was so fun! I agree with you that the safari is wonderful. I have numerous cousins that live there, so that is why we go a lot, just like your grandparents. My favorite part are the beaches and the water in the ocean. It is like a bubbling jacuzzi. (Hey, simile!)
Your classmate,
Mia