Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!



Custom Glitter Text
  

Happy New Year!    On Saturday morning, at 12:00am, it was 2012!  My family had a big party and invited a lot of friends.  While we waited for 12:00, we did karaoke, my dad actually djed while everybody danced, and the girls made up a dance and showed the parents after we rehearsed it.      We all watched the ball drop about 30 minutes before the new year and counted from ten to one.  Everybody blew their horns and screamed!  After that, we all hugged each other and said " Happy New Year! "  


Some people stayed for a little while and hanged out.  We had to wrap up all of the extra food and offer it to people.  We had a candy bar and we had a lot of extra candy so we put it in plastic bags and gave it away.  Everybody got a little candy because we had a lot extra.  Our candy bar is a long table filled with bowls and bowls of different kinds of candy.  ( Most of the kids ate the candy )


After everybody got full of candy,  we headed down stairs and played some competitive pool.  Not the kind of pool you swim in, the kind you hit balls with a stick and try to get the balls in holes.  The parents played while the kids cheered them on.  Three of the kids that went to the party made cheers up and cheered on the players.   


Eventually, we had to watch the ball drop and count down.  All of us had a great time at the party!



What did you do for New Years




What was your favorite part? 

8 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥Ell♥e♥♥♥January 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM

    Dear Mia,

    It was so fun at your house. When we got home my mom fell right asleep then my sisters, but I staid up until two in the morning. All I was doing was playing on my ipod touch. I was trying to get Caiti and Ana to do karaoke, but they were to shy. It was good you had a candy bar or my sisters and I would of fell asleep. When we all counted down Ana and Caiti were covering their ears when we were about on eight. It was fun counting down because it was so close to becoming a new year.

    Your BFF,
    ♥Ell♥e♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ellie,

    Thank you for leaving me a comment! It's definitely a two pointer!

    I agree, the party was really fun! I went to bed at 3:00am because some people stayed for much longer. People were still at my house when I was sleeping! I only had six hours of sleep, so in the afternoon, I had to take a long nap. After the nap, I went to bed the next hour. I ended up sleeping 13 hours that day.:)

    Probably, my favorite part of the party was the candy bar. Mmm. mmm....mmmm...

    Sincerely,

    M♥a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mia,

    Yours is a two pointer because your comment is not off topic. You also told what your favorite thing was about the party and gave your opinion. My favorite candy was the sour patch kids. : ) I haven't took a nap since I was about two years old.

    Were you excited when we were all counting down?

    Happy new year,
    ♥Ell♥e♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mia,

    I had lot's of fun at New Years eve, I went to a party at my friend house. I ate some yummy cupcakes and New year cake. I went to sleep very late because we played many games. I wish you a happy New Years.

    Happy new year Etai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mia,
    That was a fun party! I am glad to hear you had so much fun. I knew you did, but its nice to read about it a couple of weeks later- it brings you back to it. Yes, that was a lot of candy! You know, i didn't have any. Instead i was going for the cakes. Remember how many cakes there were? We were definitely stocked in the sweets department. Good times monkey, nice post!
    I love you!
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Etai,

    Thank you for leaving me a comment! I too had a blast on New Years! The fun thing about New Years was there was a long candy table filled with bowls and bowls with different kinds of candy.

    Mike-n-ikes

    M and Ms

    M and Ms with peanuts

    Sour Patch Kids

    Haribu Gummy Bears

    Skittles

    There were a lot more, it's just I don't really remember.:(

    I wish you the best New Years too!

    Sincerely,

    M♥a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, Mia!!

    I love the story about pomegranates! It is an amazing fruit and you're lucky to have a pomegranate tree. It is a very delicate fruit that does not like knives...so we'll do a quick pomegranate opening session next time I see you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. esther ( Mia's Grandmother )January 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM

    Hi Mia.
    I love your post about the dogs. Mishka is so big but he is so gentle and patient with Lulu. Lulu jumps on him and barks, but Mishka just playing with her. I really love your writing skills. I think you doing terrific job.
    Love you.
    Baba.

    ReplyDelete