My dad is so generous, he said that for Father's Day, my brother and I can pick the things we do. The terrific things we are doing today include going to Sky High where my family and I jump on jumpy trampolines! After the exhausting jump, we are going to slide our way over to an ice skating rink! Ice skating has always been a hobby of mine and is a tradition to go as a treat so I decided to go on this special occasion.
For my dad, I made a small poem to show how much I charish him. I hope you like it!
My dad is really cool,
He always loves school.
He is very kind,
As you can see,
So Happy Father's Day from ME!
He always loves school.
He is very kind,
As you can see,
So Happy Father's Day from ME!
Sky High Jumping!
Sky High is a building where people pay to jump on square or rectangular trampolines. You can do any tricks you'd like and I think that it is really fun to go there! This is a picture of me about to practice my backhand sprang for gymnastics.
After all of that jumping, you need a nice, cold refreshment to keep up your energy. They put these machines that give out drinks so people will be hydrated.
This is a picture of my brother and I taking a brake sitting on glow in the dark seats. (The chairs don't glow that well, but the table looks like fire because it glows so bright!)
Ice Skating!
The thing I chose to do was go ice skating with my dad. We always have the best time and I love to skate together holding hands. This is a picture of my dad and I.
The annoying thing about ice skating is that you have to tie up strong and hard shoe laces that you have to put all of your strength in. My dad helps me so it isn't that bad.
I have been ice skating for a couple years so I don't need a walker and I don't hold on to the rim of the rink. This is a picture of me skating.
Since you are skating on slippery ice on a thin blade, everybody falls. In this photo that I fell in, the thing that made me plop to my but was that I was zooming all through the rink a little to fast.
Dinner With Relatives!
This weekend, my relatives were in the United States! The person at the head of the table is married to my dad's cousin, Eena, so that makes them cousin-in-laws. They live in Canada, so I only get to see them about once every two years.
I had an amazing day spending time with my extraordinary dad and hope we can do all of the exciting events again!
What did you do on Father's Day?
Have you done any of these events?
What have you done in the past that was interesting on Father's Day?






Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteHappy father's day to your dad. You did an excellent job with your post. My sister Sarah and I made cards and cut flowers to make a bouquet. We also had a fathers day celebration just like you did. I love to go ice skating, but I go with my mom because my dad doesn't know how to skate.
What do you plan to do this summer?
Sincerely,
♥Miriam♥
@ Miriam,
DeleteThank you for leaving me a comment on my blog! Thank you for complimenting me on my post writing. I absolutely loved the post on your blog about your Papa's birthday. My favorite present you gave him was the apron you all signed.
My family is the opposite with ice skating. My mom is not a very good skater and doesn't really like it, and my dad is a really good skater and loves to go with me. It is always good to learn new things and I think that you should teach your dad because ice skating is a great sport and think that he would love it!
Sincerely,
M♥a
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading all about your special day you had with your fun dad for Father's Day. I bet your dad really feels very lucky to have two great children wanting to makes his Father's Day so special.
I think you and your brother are great too. I love the fact that your dad is not only your dad but after reading this post he sounds like your very best friend too. Which I think is awesome.
Your sure did some fun stuff!
Here in Australia we don't celebrate Father's Day until the first week of September.
Enjoy your summer holidays Mia.
Are you planning any thing special for these holidays?
From your pal down under,
AA
@ AA,
DeleteThank you for leaving a comment on my blog! You are right, I did have an amazing day with my delightful dad! I love celebrating holidays, especially the ones were you shower people with presents and congratulate them because it is a special occasion about them. I know it is weird, but I love to buy my relatives and friends gifts and make gifts for them because I love the feeling that you did something good.
My dad is definitely one of my best friends. He is always there for me and it is just so fun spending time with him.
I did not know that Father's Day is celebrated until the first week of September. That is a new fact for me!
What did you do for Father's Day?
Sincerely,
M♥a
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day you spent with your father! He seems like a very loving guy to let you choose what to do on his special day. I can tell that he really enjoys spending time with his children.
I have never heard of the trampoline place! Where is it located? From the looks of your pictures, it seems like all the trampolines are together. Does anyone ever bounce into your space?
My father lives in Montana, so I did not get a chance to see him this Father's Day. However, I did call him, and we had a very good conversation. I wish that he lived closer so I could visit him and give him a hug.
I will be picking up the Morris in two days! That will be a highlight of my summer! We will miss you at the meet-and-greet at Royce's house! Too bad you will be in Florida. :-(
Your proud former teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
P.S. I commented back to you on the End-of-the-year post. You left a lovely comment. Thank you!
@ Mrs. Yollis,
DeleteThank you for leaving a comment on my blog! My dad is very loving and very generous for letting his kids pick what to do on Father's Day.
Sky High has two locations, one is far in Camario, and one is close in Woodland Hills. The trampolines are connected. It is sometimes really annoying because when you jump, you can easily hit somebody and get hurt. Luckily, I came on a not so busy day and we had a lot of trampolines to bounce on without getting injured.
My dad's dad (my grandpa), lives in Canada, so my dad did not see his dad either, just like you because he lives to far away to see. Since my dad has his phone number, he called his dad and wished each other a happy Father's Day. Also, later in the day, they via skyped.
Yay! :) The Morris' are going to be in town this week! Actually, I think that I will be able to make the meet-and-greet at Royce's house. Maybe I will be in town! What is the date?
I will definitely comment back to you as soon as I can!
Sincerely,
M♥a